Things You Need to Know and Do
In Case of Emergency, Dial 911
- Know your street address
- Know your landmarks, nearest cross street and mile post marker
- Make sure your house number is visible from the street, day and night
- Keep your road accessible to emergency vehicles
- Install and regularly test your smoke alarm
- Keep fire extinguishers in easy-to-reach places and know how to use them
- Know your household flammables and store them properly
- Maintain your woodstove, furnace and electrical circuits safely
- Don't smoke in bed
- Have a family fire escape plan and practice it
- Once you're out of a burning house, stay out!
For non-emergency calls to the Seal Rock Fire Department, call 541-563-4441.